All the activities and programs offered by Nature Vancouver are made possible by large group of dedicated volunteers. There are many opportunities for new volunteers to get involved.
Members are always needed to:
- Lead field trips
- Organize events and activities
- Support and help section committees
- Help at our evening programs.
Volunteer Treasurer Needed
As we continue our shared journey in celebrating and protecting the natural beauty of our region, we find ourselves in need of a new Treasurer. This role is an opportunity to deeply engage with our mission and guide our financial stewardship. You can start by sharing responsibilities with the current Treasurer during a mutually agreed to transition time.
We know many of you bring a wealth of experience from various professional backgrounds, including finance. For those of you who work or have worked in the world of numbers and spreadsheets, this could be a fulfilling way to stay engaged and contribute to a cause close to our hearts.
The current Treasurer is available to work with you for a gradual transition into the role in the next 6-12 months, if needed.
Your Role and Impact:
- Overseeing and managing the organization’s financial affairs
- Preparing and presenting financial reports at board meetings
- Ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements for charitable organizations
- Collaborating with other board members to further our organization goals
- A meaningful way to use your professional skills for a cause close to your heart.
- Engagement with a community that shares your passion for nature.
- The joy of contributing significantly to our education and conservation efforts you’ve always supported.
- A background in finance or accounting (professional or volunteer experience).
- A commitment to the values and mission of Nature Vancouver.
- A few hours each week to dedicate to this vital role.
This is more than a call for help; it’s an invitation to make a lasting impact in an organization you are already a part of. To learn more or express your interest, please email Adele Liu at firstname.lastname@example.org to start the discussion.