The Vancouver Natural History Society (Nature Vancouver) was founded in 1918 by Professor John Davidson with the following objectives:
- To promote the enjoyment of nature
- To foster public interest and education in the appreciation and study of nature.
- To encourage the wise use and conservation of our natural resources
- To work for the complete protection of endangered species and ecosystems.
- To promote access to, and maintenance of, natural areas in the vicinity of Vancouver.
We host public meetings nearly every Thursday evening, each with a lecture, snacks and socializing. We host frequent field trips to get out and learn more about nature in our local area. We also hold an annual summer camp, which is a great way to experience BC nature at its finest.
Nature Vancouver is a not-for-profit charitable society registered under the BC Societies Act. Membership in the Society is open to all. The Society is a Federated Club of BC Nature.
A PDF copy of the Constitution and Bylaws updated in 2018 is available from the link below.
Photos: (L to R) Man-Kay Koon, Bengül Kurtar and Man-kay Koon.