The Vancouver Natural History Society (Nature Vancouver) was founded in 1918 by PROFESSOR JOHN DAVIDSON with the following objectives:
- To promote the enjoyment of nature
- To foster public interest and education in the appreciation and study of nature.
- To encourage the wise use and conservation of our natural resources
- To work for the complete protection of endangered species and ecosystems.
- To promote access to, and maintenance of, natural areas in the vicinity of Vancouver.
We host EVENING PROGRAMS, nearly every Thursday evening, that are open to the public. We organize frequent FIELD TRIPS to get out and learn more about nature in our local area. We also hold an annual SUMMER CAMP, which is a great way to experience BC nature at its finest.
Nature Vancouver is a not-for-profit charitable society REGISTERED under the BC Societies Act. Membership in the Society is open to all. The Society is a Federated Club of BC Nature.
A PDF copy of the Constitution and Bylaws, updated in 2018, is available from the link below.
Photos: (L to R) Man-Kay Koon, Bengül Kurtar and Man-kay Koon.