Nature Vancouver Board of Directors Meeting
January 3, 2017, 7:30 pm
MINUTES - FINAL DRAFT
Attendance: Bill Kinkaid, Jude Grass, Daphne Nagorsen, Nancy Prober, Jeremy McCall, Bengul Kurtar, Bev Ramey, Nigel Peck, David Cook, Cynthia Crampton
Regrets: Colin Clasen, Joan Lopez
Guest: Helen Aqua
6. Nominating Committee - Daphne - Daphne will be circulating another email to confirm current board members’ intentions for next year. Cynthia wrote a blurb for the weekly e-mail to advertise a public call for nominations and will start advertising in mid-February.
7. Awards committee - Bev - Will place a notice in the weekly email at the end of January.
8. Revisions to Field Trip Policies - Release of Liability forms for multi-day trips and other items - Bill (Daphne/Cynthia) - Bill has been working on policy revisions and circulated it to some members. He proposes to separate overnight trips (multiple trips) and backpacking trips (1 long trip). Bill will bring the revised policy to the next board meeting for discussion. Non-members on field trips- David - It has been noticed that there are some non-members attending more than the allotted 3 trips without signing up as members. How do we keep track of non-members attending field trips when they exceed 3 trips? This is a liability issue as non-members would not have insurance coverage. There was some discussion of a day-trip membership fee. Will discuss this issue more at the next meeting.
9. Bylaw revisions and changes to BC Societies Act - Jeremy - Started working with the new online system. Jeremy proposed the deadline to complete the revisions be the 2018 AGM. Plan to have a committee meeting in March.
10. Suggestions from Helen Aqua re: updating membership policies - Jeremy/Bill - Delegate to bylaws revision committee.
11. Future of Publications - Tabled to next meeting.
12, Membership list discussion - Tabled to next meeting.
13. First Aid Certification - will discuss at field trip leaders meeting.
Adjournment at 9:37 (Nancy/Daphne)
Next meeting: Next meeting Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 7:30 pm
Section Reports are contained in separate file, titled Section Reports, January 3, 2017.
np/February 8, 2017