On 23 June 2013, eight members of Nature Vancouver participated in the field trip to look for the Phantom Orchids on Teapot Hill near Cultus Lake. See map and more info about the area at http://www.vancouvertrails.com/trails/teapot-hill/
We carpooled at Lougheed SkyTrain Station at 9am and it took us about an hour to reach the trailhead on the east bank of Cultus lake. The trail starts gently uphill though a forest of moss covered Western Red-Cedars and Broad-leaf Maples with a lush under story of shrubs, ferns and other plants.
- Cheakamus Trio, Hike #3: Crater Rim (Sun, Sep 21)
- Hiking & the Art of Seeing, Trip #1: Fruits & Fronds on 4 Lakes Loop@Alice Lake (C4) (Tue, Sep 23)
- Botswana: The Okavango Delta and Chobe National Park, A Wildlife Odyssey (Thu, Sep 25)
- Mount Baker hike (C7) (Sat, Sep 27)
- WildResearch (Thu, Oct 2)