The weather was absolutely perfect for the 20 birders on the Saturday May 31st birding field trip at Iona Beach Regional Park.
We saw a total of 63 species, with some of the highlights being Yellow Headed Blackbird, MacGillivray’s Warbler, Yellow Warbler, Wilson’s Warbler, Bullock’s Oriole, Swainson’s Thrush, Black Headed Grosbeak, 3 Teal species (Blue Winged/Cinnamon/Green Wing), Semipalmated Plover, Western Sandpiper, Spotted Sandpiper, Caspian Tern, Western Wood Pewee, Willow Flycatcher, Pacific Slope Flycatcher, Anna’s and Rufous Hummingbirds.
We also saw 6 swallow species : Cliff/Violet Green/Tree/Northern Rough Wing/Barn and Purple Martin.
- Greendrop & Lindeman Lake (Mon, Aug 4)
- Mount Baker hike (Sat, Aug 9)
- Birding at Grant Narrows (Sat, Aug 9)
- Marine Mammal Rescue Centre Visit - August 10, 1:45 PM (Sun, Aug 10)
- Cheakamus Trio, Hike #2: Cheakamus Lake (Sun, Aug 17)