A joint field trip for Nature Vancouver and Friends of Cypress Provincial Park Society. Meeting Time & location: 09:30 am at McDonalds, Park Royal (West Vancouver) for car-pooling. An alternate meeting location will be at the green Olympic rings at 10:30 am in the downhill ski area of Cypress Provincial Park. Duration: 5 or 6 hours. Terrain: A steep ski run with a loose, pebbly surface that is treacherous on descent because of the loose pebbly surface. Deep-tread hiking boots with ankle support are essential. Sneakers not recommended. Walking poles recommended. Elevation Gain: 500 metres. Trip Leader: David Cook.
- The Great Blue Herons of Stanley Park (Thu, Sep 4)
- Birding Port Coquitlam's Northern Dykes (Sat, Sep 6)
- Tricouni Meadows hike (Sun, Sep 7)
- The Colour of Crustacea: Are there Patterns in the Patterns? (Thu, Sep 11)
- Lindsay Lake (Sun, Sep 14)