Many of the World’s islands have been colonized by birds that have evolved to adapt to new and different habitats, and many are now different species. I will talk about most of these unique raptor species, beginning with the Hawaiian Hawk, and will share my adventures in visiting these islands. We will visit Hawaii, the Galapagos, Cuba, Hispaniola, Falklands, Madagascar, Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, and other islands and learn about their endemic raptors. Some behaviors are described.
- Island Raptors (Thu, Feb 5)
- Coral Sex & Conservation (Thu, Feb 12)
- Birding Field Trip to Port Coquitlam's, Pitt River Dykes (Difficulty Rating A4) (Sat, Feb 14)
- The geology and forest ecology of Lynn Canyon Park (Difficulty rating A3) (Sun, Feb 15)
- Undoing a Lifetime of Damage: The Ecological Restoration of Mackay Creek Estuary (Thu, Feb 19)