Like any tall peak, Mt Winchester takes to extreme moods. In preparation of the July 19 hike a team of four participated in a recee to Mt Winchester on the coldest day of the summer. At the top we were greeted by cloud cover and sleet. Upon reaching the shelter of the outlook we ate our lunch and dried our rain gear. Luckily we didn't have to fight over the use of the insulated lightening stool. We left the outlook with cold hands and a determination to return and enjoy the view.
- Alpine Hike - difficulty level C8 (Sun, Aug 2)
- Pre-camp Rocky Mountain backpacking - TRIP FULL (Sun, Aug 2)
- Birding at Grant Narrows (Sat, Aug 8)
- Blue Gentian Lake loop hike - Difficulty rating C6 (Sun, Aug 9)
- Skyline Divide Hike, Mount Baker (Difficulty Rating C7) (Sat, Aug 15)