Tuesday September 24 was a beautiful day for #5 in the series of Midweek nature hikes led as usual by Teresa Gagné, looking for lichens and ferns. We followed walk #44 in "109 Walks" (2009 edition). 3 of us started walking West from the little parking lot at Stearman Beach (see calendar entry), along the beach towards Caulfeild Park. We soon met a male pink salmon that apparently didn't make it up the creek to spawn.
- Mount Baker - Ptarmigan Ridge (Thu, Oct 15)
- Australian Star Mountains Expedition: 50th Anniversary Commemoration Lecture. (Thu, Oct 15)
- Delta Farmland & Wildlife Trust Interpretive Walk (Difficulty Rating A-B3) (Sat, Oct 17)
- Lake Ann Hike (Difficulty Level C7) (Sun, Oct 18)
- 'Danger from the sea - Sea-level rise in a warming world' (Thu, Oct 22)